Brightway takes the privacy of its clients, candidates and visitors seriously. We are committed to maintaining customer privacy and to the maintenance of the security of all personal data that is received. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website at Brightway.careers remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Brightway receives personal data both during the services it offers and in the recruitment process. The data is collected from the client with consent. This data consists of information such as your name, address, nationality, e-mail address, work and education history. Customers have full access of their data, what we use.
Brightway processes this personal data as necessary to provide our service offering and to aid the recruitment process consisting of:
– matching your coded details with job vacancies
– assisting us in finding you the position that most suits you
– keeping you informed of Brightway services, news and wider developments in your chosen field
– tailoring the version of our website you see, when you log on to make data relevant to you
Brightway also collects statistical information to provide it with a better understanding of the website users as a group, but this does not contain personally identifiable information.
Brightway receives and processes sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure it conforms with legal requirements, for example under the equality of opportunity laws, asylum, health and immigration legislation.
By using this website and by supplying your details to Brightway, you consent to the company collecting and processing sensitive personal data supplied by you. Disclosing this information to prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process.
Brightway does not share or rent any personal information received with third parties unless:
– you have specifically consented to allow Brightway to share your personal information with third party organisations
– you are seeking employment with a third-party organisation through the services of Brightway and, for the purpose of evaluating your suitability, the third-party organisation requests some or all of the information you have supplied us for this purpose
– it is to enable Brightway to provide a product or service you have requested
– Brightway is required to do so by legal process, or in response to a court order or other legitimate request by a relevant authority.
The security of your data is exceptionally important to Brightway. Access to your personal data is only given to our staff and third parties who help us to process data, in order to help with the provision of our services and in particular, the recruitment process.
Brightway will store your personal details as long as necessary to realize the obligation and consent. After the final obligation has been satisfied or following twelve months of non-usage, we will contact you and ask you if you want to keep your details on our database. Client has the right to be forgotten and take back consent, either by calling us or by sending us an email.
Brightway is very well aware of the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations), which is being launched on the 25 of May 2018. That’s why we have a qualified DPO (Data Protection Officer) securing our data processing and client information. Our client’s data will be secured from start-to-end. Also, if you encounter any issues with the data, our DPO can be contacted by email or telephone. Contact information can be found on the Brightway webpage.